|Learning Hours||Hours per Session||Duration|
|35 Hours||7 Hours||5 Days|
- Home /
- Black Belt
This Master Black Belt course provides the experienced Black Belt with the necessary softer skills to lead and deliver business wide Lean Six Sigma transformations. The course develops the personal and managerial skills required to deliver transformation through the resources of Black and Green Belts and their improvement teams.Lean and Six Sigma, both proven business improvement approaches, provide businesses with the ability to maximize customer, employee and shareholder value by minimizing process variation and waste. Using a blend of theory, practical exercises and role play the course develops the knowledge of the delegates to integrate formal improvement methodology into the strategic planning of their business. The course has been designed to build on the technical and practical Lean Six Sigma skills already existing to create business transformation leaders.
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam™ is a 150 question, closed book, proctored exam with a 4 hour allotted time. Some forms of this exam may also include up to an additional 15 non-graded questions*. The Exam contains approximately 30 multiple-choice and true/false questions from each major section of the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Body of Knowledge and is administered in more than 8,000 Testing Centers located within 165 countries throughout the world and through the IASSC Web-Based On-Demand testing system and by hundreds of IASSC Accredited Providers.
In order to achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Black Belt (IASSC-CBB™) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification, candidates must sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 580 points out of a total potential of 750 points.
There are no prerequisites required in order to sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand advanced business and financial tools to work with the business at the highest levels
- Understand and apply the soft managerial and leadership skills required to coach and mentor Black Belt resources through their project work.
- Understand how to integrate business strategy with improvement transformation delivering exceptional benefits
- Design and deliver the business framework and customer focused culture to facilitate continuous improvement and change
- Developing effective training material, monitoring and continuously improving its effectiveness
- Business environmental analysis
- Being an active voice for improvement initiatives
- Being a role model for Black Belts
- Participating in tollgate reviews
- Maintaining project standards
- Ensuring Lean principles and Six Sigma methods are effectively applied to improve customer value; reduce waste and variation; and improve performance.
- Traditional and Lean Accounting principles and interface to management accounts
- Monitoring and being responsible for transformation benefits
- Business strategic planning
- Leading, coaching and mentoring Black Belts
- Introducing Lean Six Sigma initiatives to the supply chain