Diploma In Logistics and Supply Chain Management
|Course Title||Course Language||Est.Duration-days||Est.Duration-Hours|
|Logistics and Supply Chain Management||Bilingual||5||35|
The objective of the Level 7 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification is to broaden learners’ understanding of logistics and supply chain management and is designed for those who wish to prepare for a first professional role and future career in the field. It is also suitable for logistics and supply chain professionals in the early stages of their career looking to enhance their knowledge and skills and move to the next level professionally.
Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the specialist knowledge and skills needed to further their career as a logistics and supply chain professional as well as the opportunity to embark on further study towards a relevant Master’s program with advanced standing.
The Qualifications will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- Apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- Investigate issues and opportunities;
- Develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organizational and environmental issues;
- Use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- Make use of relevant information from different sources;
- Develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- Exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- Develop the ability to recognize and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills.
The program is available in 2 duration modes:
- 6 Month
- In class
For entry Level 7 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification, learners must possess:
- An honors degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery center)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
The Level 7 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management consists of 8 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
|Unit Ref. No.||Mandatory Units||Credit||GLH||TQT|
|F/508/2010||Principles of Logistics and Supply Chain Management||15||75||150|
|J/508/2011||Operations Design and Management||15||75||150|
|L/508/2012||International Logistics and Transport||15||75||150|
|R/508/2013||Supply Chain Planning and Management||15||75||150|
|Y/508/2014||Procurement and Purchasing||15||75||150|
|D/508/2015||Supply Chain and Operations Strategy||15||75||150|
|K/508/2017||Sustainable Logistics Management||10||50||100|
|T/508/0626||Business Research Methods||20||100||200|
Achieving the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to Master’s top-up programmes at many universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing. For more information visit the University Progressions page.
Assessment is via assignment submission
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Othm)